♥ What is a peristaltic pump?
Peristaltic pump, also known as tubing pump, is a new type of industrial pump. The peristaltic pump consists of three parts: peristaltic pump driver, pump head and peristaltic pump tubing.
Peristaltic pump tubing is the only requirement of liquid connection for peristaltic pump. The peristaltic pump works by pressing tube with roller or press. This means that the pump can run dry, self-priming and handle high-viscosity and high-wear medium. In addition, the peristaltic pump tubing as an independent unit, so that the pump body does not need to be sealed, so it is completely leak-free, very sanitary. And each rotation output a fixed flow rate, which makes the application of quantitative feeding of peristaltic pump has outstanding performance. This principle can be applied to all peristaltic pumps, so the pump head and driver part are the most important factors to distinguish the quality of peristaltic pumps.
♥ How does a peristaltic pump work?
Just as muscles contract and relax repeatedly to allow blood to flow through blood vessels, peristaltic pumps work by the pumping efficiency of alternating squeezing releasing several rollers along an elastic tube. When the extruded fluid in the tube produces flow output and the pressure disappears, the tube restores to its original state by its own elasticity, the volume increases, and the vacuum is generated, and the fluid is inhaled. Such continuous action is the working principle of peristaltic pump.
♥ What does a peristaltic pump do? What advantages does peristaltic pump have?
Peristaltic pump is a commonly used equipment in fluid transmission. It is often used in the laboratory industry, biopharmaceuticals, medical reagents, environmental testing and other industries. It can convey some sensitive, viscous, corrosive, grinding, high purity requirements, and contains certain granulate material medium.
Peristaltic pump has many advantages
- No pollution: the fluid only touches the pump tube, not the pump body.
- High repeatability and easy control. The number of rollers in the pump head is constant, and the volume of the extrusion is constant for each revolution of the pump, so repeatability accuracy can be achieved, and the accuracy of the Lead Fluid peristaltic pump can reach 1%, so it is aimed at this advantage. Peristaltic pump is also called constant flow pump. According to different customer needs, Lead Fluid designs peristaltic pumps with dispensing type peristaltic pump, speed variable and flow rate peristaltic pump, which are convenient for users to choose according to different conditions.
- Corrosion resistance. The peristaltic pump can transport various liquids through pump hoses of different materials without causing liquid pollution. In ordinary pumps, the parts such as the impeller are exposed to liquid, which will cause corrosion of the parts.
- Good self-priming ability. When the peristaltic pump is rotating, the pump wheel will squeeze the tubing, which will cause negative pressure at the inlet of the hose, which can realize the self-priming function. The height of the suction stroke varies with the hardness of the pump tube. Reach 5 meters, 8 meters.
- Two-way conveying. According to the design principle of the peristaltic pump, as long as the peristaltic pump roller is turned in the opposite direction, the reverse conveying function can be realized. The ordinary pump does not have this condition, unless it is installed in the reverse direction, which is quite troublesome.
- Low shearing force . Conventional pump rotation will have axial force, which will prompt the liquid to be thrown around. If the liquid contains a certain solid substance, this shearing force will cause greater damage to this substance, and the shearing force of the peristaltic pump is far lower than conventional pumps, it is very suitable for transporting liquids containing solid particles in this liquid.
- No siphon and stop valve. When the pump is conveying, as the rollers are squeezed, the liquid will flow in the direction of the rollers. Someone asked what to do if the pump is stopped and dripping occurs? In fact, there is no need to worry. The pump adds a pressure valve, and a one-way pressure valve is installed at the outlet. The valve is opened by the pressure of the pump when it is working, and the valve is naturally closed when it is stopped, thus avoiding the occurrence of dripping.
- It can run idling and dry The rotation speed of the peristaltic pump is generally within 600 rpm, which will not cause high temperature due to the excessively high rotation speed and damage the pump body. It can carry out mixed transmission of air, liquid, and solid-liquid.
- Simple maintenance. The structure of the pump is also very simple, with only three main components, which is convenient for users to disassemble and install.
- Sealing and hygienic . Only the peristaltic pump tubing is in contact with the liquid, which prevents transmission contamination and other situations.
♥ What are the application industries of peristaltic pumps? When would you use a peristaltic pump?
Lead Fluid peristaltic pumps are perfect in the laboratory, pharmaceutical and biotech, food and manufacturing, industrial and manufacturing, environmental, medical reagents. Lead Fluid peristaltic pumps are designed to be non-contaminating and noninvasive, easy-load pumps heads and a wide range of drives fit many applications.
How many types of peristaltic pumps does Lead Fluid have?
- Speed-variable peristaltic pump: It has the basic control functions of a peristaltic pump, displaying speed, start and stop, direction, speed adjustment, filling and emptying, power-down memory, external control input and other functions.
- Flow-type peristaltic pump: In addition to basic functions, functions such as flow display, flow calibration, and communication are added.
- Dispensing peristaltic pump: In addition to basic control functions, it adds functions such as flow display, flow calibration, communication, liquid volume dispensing, suction, and output control. Explosion-proof type, pneumatic type
- OEM (Customized) peristaltic pump: With a series of peristaltic pump heads with different flow ranges, customers can design different peristaltic pump drive circuits for supporting use according to their own equipment needs.
LEADFLUID has 4 product series, about 130 model products, all of them are self-developed, mainly involving precision pumps, covering laboratories and industrial markets.
♥ How to choose drive, pump head and peristaltic pump tubing?
If you want to choose the right peristaltic pump, you would confirm your application requirements. What flow rate do I need? What chemical am I pumping? Do conditions such as fluid viscosity or back pressure in my application. Select a pump based on your flow rate. Select a drive, pump head and peristaltic pump tubing.
♦ Choose peristaltic pump tubing
- Chemical compatibility：Chemical compatibilities of tubing are some good chemical properties the tubing appears when transferring fluid. The normal tubing only general touch with chemical material, but peristaltic pump’s tubing touch with chemical material under working conditions, so the chemical compatibility level is different between peristaltic pump’s tubing and general tubing.
- Compression：The factors of affecting the tubing compression: material, diameter and the wall thickness of the scale. If the system pressure over the limit of the tubing, the tubing will be expended, result in the tubing excessive wear or tubing burst.
- Low adsorption, good temperature resistance, not easy to age, no swelling, corrosion resistance, low precipitation, etc.
- Gas permeability: For some fluid is sensitive with the gas, some easy by oxidation, or anaerobic cell cultures.Users should consider the gas permeability factor of tubing.
- Flow range：Each tubing is corresponding fixed flow range. We according to our customers needs of flow range choose corresponding tubing.
♦ Choose pump head:
- Flow rate: different pump heads have different flow rate.
- Tubing change easy or not: enable rapid tubing changes.
- Number of channels: single channel or multichannel
- Chemical compatibility: pump head materials become important if chemicals spill.
- Transmission liquid accuracy requirements
♦ Choose drive:
1. Flow range: the rpm of the drive directly correlates to flow rate
2. Do you need simple transmission, flow control or liquid volume dispensing
3. Accuracy of flow rate or dispensing volume.
4. External control requirements: equipment matching, operation methods.
5. Protection level, IP grade, explosion-proof level.
Baoding Lead Fluid Technology Co., Ltd. focuses on the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of peristaltic pumps and precision syringe pumps, and has been committed to providing users with high-quality products and perfect technical services. In addition to having the most complete series of peristaltic pumps and syringe pump product lines, Lead Fluid can also provide OEM customized services according to user needs. Lead Fluid’s complete and mature product development experience can provide you with fast application guidance and suggestions for peristaltic pumps and syringe pumps, and provide users with high-quality, high-precision, and cost-effective fluid transfer solutions.