How to improve the service life of peristaltic pump? Types of peristaltic pump are often used different industries, peristaltic pump used in laboratory, environment protection, food and beverage, pharmaceutical industrial, industrial peristaltic pump used in water and waste, agriculture, packing and printing. Service life is a topic that people are more concerned about, everyone hopes that the longer the service life of the peristaltic pump, the better, but the actual value is often lower than the theoretical value.
- Loosen the pressure block when the pump is not working can prolong the life of the pump tube. The peristaltic pump uses the pump head rollers to repeatedly squeeze the hose and the natural rebound of the hose to generate suction to achieve fluid delivery. If you want to maintain the longevity of the pump tube, when the pump is not in use, try to lift the pump head pressure block to make the pump tube It is in a natural uncompressed state, thereby extending the life of the pump tube.
- When selecting models, on the premise of meeting the customer’s flow requirements, reduce the pump speed to less than 300 rpm as much as possible. The flow of the peristaltic pump is produced by the rotation of the pump head roller. The faster the rotation, the shorter the service life of the pump tube. When you want the pump tube to last longer, you can choose a relatively larger tube diameter to reduce the pump rotating speed.
- The pump head uses special pipes for peristaltic pumps, and the other connecting pipes use ordinary pipes. Extrusion tubes used in peristaltic pumps require good compression, resilience, and tear resistance. Therefore, the material purity of these pump tubes is relatively high, and the wall thickness and shape accuracy are high, which will result in higher prices for peristaltic pump tubes. Therefore, special pipes are used on the peristaltic pump to ensure the service life, and the connecting pipes are ordinary pipes, making the entire system more economical and applicable.
- The inlet of the pump pipe should be as short as possible, and the joint and diameter of the pipe should not be lower than the pipe diameter of the pump head. Peristaltic pump suction is produced by the rebound of the pump tube. If the pipeline, especially the inlet pipeline, is too long or the diameter becomes smaller, it will cause excessive resistance at the suction end. If the resistance is too large, the rebound of the pump tube will be blocked, so the actual delivery traffic will suffer a great loss. In the same way, if the diameter of the outlet pipeline becomes smaller or the pipeline is too long, the discharge pressure of the peristaltic pump is usually small. When the discharge resistance is too large, the output flow will decrease.
- When selecting a peristaltic pump, the theoretical flow rate should be greater than 30% of the actual flow rate. The peristaltic pump tube is relatively soft, so the negative pressure and discharge pressure generated by it are small. If the conveyed liquid has a certain viscosity or the pipeline has a certain length, it will cause the loss of the actual flow. In order to achieve the required flow, When selecting the model, the theoretical flow rate should be slightly higher than the actual flow rate.
- When the pump is in use, pay attention to cleaning up the debris on the pump casing and pump tube. Since the peristaltic pump is a relatively precise instrument, it mainly relies on the pump casing to maintain a high-precision gap, so as to efficiently squeeze the pump tube. If the pump tube is damaged and the inflowing liquid adheres to the pump casing pressure wheel, the pressure block and the pump tube, It will change the compression gap of the pump head, even a small change will cause excessive premature wear of the pump tube, which will seriously affect the pump head and cause damage to the pump head.
- When using the peristaltic pump, check the wear of the pump tube regularly. Because the peristaltic pump tube is a vulnerable part, once it is damaged, it will cause liquid leakage. Therefore, it is necessary to check the surface of the pump tube for early grinding to prevent damage to the pump tube.
- When choosing a peristaltic pump, pay attention to whether the liquid to be transported will corrode the pump tube. Because pump pipes are made of many materials and transported liquids are also very many, no pump pipe can withstand all liquids, so you need to confirm your own liquid type, compare the chemical compatibility table or ensure the pump pipe through immersion experiment can be used.
- The operating temperature range is also an important factor to consider. Different materials have different temperature performance. Some pipes, such as silicone, have a wide temperature tolerance range, which is suitable for both high and low temperature processes; while some pipes are only suitable for a small temperature range. The user should understand the high and low temperature in the system before selecting the pipe, to ensure that the selected pump pipe is safe to work in this temperature range and improve its service life.